HAIR LOSS...

I used to have hair loss at the back of my head and at the front as well , due to that there is a visible bald spot at the back of my head and there isnt any hair at the front (2 corners). I also feel im starting to lose hair at front of my head. Now the hair loss has reduced to only 6-7 strands per hair wash. I need a solution for rich hair and proper density growth

Doctor Answers (1) on HAIR LOSS...

Thanks for the query. This is a common condition, and probably indicates a disturbed immune system. You may be having a condition called alopecia areata, if there are well defined patches of hair loss. Other diagnosis may also be possible and can be ascertained while consulting. Sometimes you can have alopecias in combination like male pattern baldness with androgenic alopecias. So better get evaluated, if needed a scalp biopsy should be done to understand it in details and which will help in treatment planning. Treatment is simple and has different approaches. You need to discuss with a dermatologist to understand it at length. Skin is the mirror of internal health and to get a perfect skin you need to treat both ways - internally and externally. A healthy diet and lifestyle is mandatory to achieve results. . For male pattern baldness - The treatment typically consists of usage of oral medication (Finasteride) and topical lotion (Minoxidil ). The dosage and duration is decided by your dermatologist. You need to be patient with the treatment protocol as it takes months to see initial improvement. Certain dermatologists supplement biotin, hair serum and advice procedures like PRP therapy which may accelerate the rate of hair growth.