Hair loss and fall

I am experiencing hair loss on the front of my head . I have a slight balding patch in the front that looks like a widened parting. My thyroid levels are normal. Was slightly anaemic for a while but unsure now. There is no hereditary baldness among women in my family. My mother is blessed with thick long hair. My hair has reduced in density overall as well. I was examined by a dermatologist 4 years ago and was told that I have follicles in this region but that the hair has fallen out. Please advice!

Doctor Answers (1) on Hair loss and fall

Dr. Vijay Adhe Pune | Dermatologist
Hi You are having female pattern hair loss and it is not always hereditary. Same genes can have varied physical expression in different individuals of same family. If you had consulted a dermatologist, why didn't you take proper treatment that time only. This type of alopecia is usually progressive in nature and you may need a long term management to stop it's progress and then maintain the results. As oppose to what advertisements claim, there is no course of 2-3 months which will cure this condition because it's not a disease. Please consult a qualified dermatologist for genuine information and treatment. Take care. For more info you can visit below mentioned website. Hope this helps. Regards Dr Vijay Adhe, Eternis Skin & Hair Clinic, Pune. www.eternisclinic.com