Hair loss and dry scalp

Hi, I am having hair loss. I am 23 years old and it started almost 4-5 years back. It calmed down (not completely stopped) in between, but since the last 2-3 months, it has gone severe. I also have dry scalp which leads to dandruff. I think the dry scalp/dandruff is causing hair loss (not sure though). What am I supposed to do? I have lost almost 20-30% of my hair. Please help.

Doctor Answers (1) on Hair loss and dry scalp

Hair fall treatment needs proper assessment to find the cause and to address it specifically. A trichoscan and trichogram are objective methods of assessment and is highly recommended, though it is difficult to find a clinic which offers that. The treatment typically consists of usage of oral medication (Finasteride) and topical lotion (Minoxidil ). The dosage and duration is decided by your dermatologist. Hair fall treatment consists of arresting the hair fall and subsequently adding density and improving the texture and quality.
Meet a Dermatologist to get a diagnosis.
Treatment of hairfall requires a lot of patience as minimal improvement takes few months to be visible. Follow the advice and you should do well. You can request for supplementary procedures like PRP for faster results.