Hair loss and castor oil

I have a high hair loss ...Someone suggested me to use Castor oil for scalp and take 2 drops of castor oil with milk everyday it would help to stop hair loss . Can anyone help me to guide whether this person is write or not. Is castor oil helpful for the hair and what other benefits or intake method can give better results

Doctor Answers (1) on Hair loss and castor oil

Thanks for the query. For usage of Castor oil, it's a form of home based remedy, which does have much evidence and we don't practice that. MPB is an increasing problem in today's society. Hair care is a daily ritual shaped by age, gender, socioeconomic status and internal health. The treatment typically consists of usage of oral medication (Finasteride) and topical lotion (Minoxidil ). The dosage and duration is decided by your dermatologist.  You need to be patient with the treatment protocol as it takes months to see initial improvement. Certain dermatologists supplement biotin, hair serum and advice procedures like PRP therapy which may accelerate the rate of hair growth. PRP needs multiple sessions roughly at 6 weeks intervals. PRP therapy is increasingly being accepted by dermatologists all over the world. Apart from active pharmaceutical medicines, a healthy diet and lifestyle is mandatory to achieve results.   Best wishes Dr MK Agarwala