Hair Fall last 17 years

Hello Doctor, I have been hair fall since the age of 17 years. I had a great bunch of somewhat curly thick hair, but now they are very thin with a bald patch at the centre back of the head... and a strongly receded hairline in front, with thin hair at the top and around the periphery of the head. In the beginning it was led to inferiority complex, and some sort of depression. Now I am well settled in life, And I do not worry about it too much. But somewhere deep down, I still wish to see myself full of hair. Is it still possible? Given that I have lots of thick and dense hair on my chest (and not so much on head), can they be surgically grafted on my head. If yes, can they grow back like natural hair on my head? thanks

Doctor Answers (1) on Hair Fall last 17 years

Dr. Shruti Patel Ahmedabad | Dermatologist
Hello, hair loss is growing problem now a days. There are many reasons for hair loss. as per your description you are suffering with ANDROGENIC ALOPECIA (MALE PATTERN BALDNESS). Don’t get depressed. Now a days there are many treatment options available like medications, some procedures or even hair transplant depends upon the stage of baldness. Consult your dermatologist he /she will examine you and decide your stage of baldness. he/ she will suggest which therapy is best for you. Hair transplant is a very safe procedure which give you natural look. Generally results are best with scalp hair though body hair can be used. how much hair required for transplantation and how much density you have in your donor area depends on that everything will decide. so consult your dermatologist for further guidance.