Hair Fall, Hair Thinning

From 6 months I am facing lot of hair fall and hair is becoming thin and I do have drandruff problem as well not much but little. I dont know where I am going wrong whether it is hair oil or shampoo or food nutrition. Could you please help me how do I come out of it

Doctor Answers (3) on Hair Fall, Hair Thinning

Hi. Greetings. In women, Anaemia, hormonal issues, environmental factors , pollution, stress, junk food and poor diet could cause you to lose hair. After adequate evaluation by a qualified dermatologist, You'll probably need treatment with hair care lotions or serums - something that has vasodilator properties and improves thickness of hair and reduces hair loss. Have a good balanced nutritious diet.For sore scalp and dandruff you'll need an antifungal shampoo with probably a low dose corticosteroid shampoo. See a dermatologist near you to get evaluated if you have any other scalp problem. Hope this helps. Warm regards.
Dr. Kiran Joshy Bangalore | General Physician
Young people suffering from hairfall is quite common. Firstly try and avoid bad habits such as stress, smoking, and alcohol (if it's possible ). Switch over to ketoconazole shampoo three times a week. Also you need to start oral biotin supplements and minoxidil topical for which you need to consult a dermatologist. Sooner you start more hair you can save !
Dr. Chitrika G .B Bangalore | Trichologist
Hi
Hair fall can be due to various reasons.
First check if you have, more than 60 to 70 per day. Other things like food, and nutrition do play a major role. Try to include more of spinach.pomegranate, sprouts,dates and nuts in your diet. Dandruff can also aggravate hair fall. Please consult a dermatologist for evaluation of type of hair fall and, treatment plan which suits you best
Do check you
hemoglobin level
serum ferritin
thyroid function test