Hair Fall/ Hair Regrowth

Hair fall started back in 2014 and I lost major chunk of hair, about 50% in 7-8 months. Later started using shampoos for seborrheic dermatitis and hair fall reduced to 10-20 hairs per day until recently, the hair fall has started increasing and it's quite disturbing to see that. I would like to know if there is any medication that would help in regrowing the hair and stop the hair fall. I live a healthy lifestyle and there is no history of baldness in my family.

Doctor Answers (1) on Hair Fall/ Hair Regrowth

Hi. You may be suffering from early onset androgenetic alopecia. Could you send your pictures on follow up chat?! Apart from being genetically predisposed to balding, environmental factors , pollution, stress, junk food and poor diet could cause you to lose hair further. You'll probably need treatment with hair care lotions or serums - something that has vasodilator properties and improves thickness of hair and reduces hair loss. Have a good balanced nutritious diet. Your hair density can be restored if you take timely treatment and care of your hair. Prp therapy is possibly a good treatment option.. See a dermatologist near you. Hope this helps. Further queries my be sent on follow up messaging. Warm regards. Dr Govind S Mittal.