Hair Fall and dandruff

My hair is falling since the last couple of years and this winter its rate is very much aggravated due to some unknown reason. Last year a dermatologist referred me Finpecia 1mg which i have continuing for one year. Initially it worked quite well and my hair fall stopped. But since the last two months my hair is falling quite badly from both side i.e from front and from centre. In my family only one of my maternal uncles is bald and my father posseses a good quantity of hair even at the age of 70. I could not understand why finpecia is not working. Secondly this winter has brought dandruff on my scalp. Even after washing my hair it is present in a good amount. To get rid of that i m using lemon juice on the scalp but that is also not working. Kindly advice me the right solutions for the twin problems

Doctor Answers (1) on Hair Fall and dandruff

Greetings. Note the following: 1. you could switch to taking finpecia just alternate days one tablet - under dermatologist guidance - if you are not having any side effects. 2. Addition of Minoxidil 5% lotion twice a day under dermatologists prescription is suggested. 3. Maintain good diet , nutritious / avoid oral steroid supplements in case u go to the gym / maintain good fitness regime. 4. For dandruff you'll need anti fungal shampoos
follow up with a qualified dermatologist near you
Further queries can be sent on follow up messaging / Practo Direct