Had sex w/o safety
I had sex without safety today only when I am having a 6 month old baby. I dont want to get pregnant. What should I do now ??

Dr. Devjani Das (Ganguly)
Gynecologist 16 yrs exp Kolkata
You need to take two tablets of Levonorgestrel 0.75 mg, within 72 hours of unprotected intercourse. This is available with all pharmacists. There is no absolute guarantee that you will not fall pregnant, but it is effective in most cases. If your next period is delayed, you should do a urine pregnancy test despite having taken the tablets. If you have had unprotected intercourse earlier in this cycle, then this pill will not prevent a pregnancy resulting from that.