Gynaecomastia

Sir/madam, i am suffering from gynaecomastia since long time. Being in this age, i am very worried about my body structure. I used to be fat long ago but now iam ok..some hard substance beneath the nipple can be felt when touched.do i need to undergo surgery.heard that after few years that can be healed automatically.,but as of now i feel embrassing to wear a tshirt and go out..how much does the surgery costs?..any other measures or care to be taken for this?..pls suggest me..thnx in advance

Dr. Govind Suresh Mittal

Hi. Greetings. Can reduce to reasonable extent after losing weight. However if the tissue is hard, may be worthwhile to get a hormonal assessment. Also surgery that you may need would be liposuction and the cost would depend on where u get it done. It's better you meet a dermatologist or plastic surgeon and discuss your problems in detail. Hope this helps.