Gym and hair loss
Hi, Im 21. I want to begin gym from next month and always wanted to build some amount of muscles. I dont want to look so muscular, I want just a lean body with enough amount of muscles and abs. But at the same time, Im having hair loss problem since about 3-5 months. Building muscles will increase testosterone which in turn will increase DHT causing faster hairfall. And therefore, Im in a dilemma. Can anyone provide me any solution so that I could go to gym for about a year and at the same time stop hairfall/not have hairfall?

Dr. Govind Suresh Mittal
Trichologist 6 yrs exp Bangalore

Greetings - You are mistaken. By going to the gym you wouldn't increase your testosterone levels - more than physiological ones. In that case all body builders should have been bald!!! Also you wouldn't lose hair if you are not predisposed to losing hair genetically or because of any other reason. However, it is not advisable to take oral supplements that sometimes have androgens and this may adversely affect hair loss. So if you just want to go and gym and build muscle, that's fine. Take care.!futher queries may be sent on follow up messaging.