diabetes-icon

Grey hair c

I have lots of grey hair but today i see that some of my hair are black at the bottom (scalp) and white at the upper side of the hair i am little bit confuse can anyone tell me that the processing of grey hair starts at the bottom or from the upper side

Doctor Answers (3) on Grey hair c

Dr. Uma M Bangalore | Diabetologist
Hai grey hair problem could be familial or nutritional deficiency. You observed black hair at the roots, so mostly it looks like a nutritional deficiency. Zinc and vitamin supplements will help for you, but it takes time. If it is not helping you, then meet a Dermatologist.
Dr. Neelam Pandey Kukreti Gurgaon | General Endocrinologist
Rule out thyroid disorder.and see a dermatologist for evaluation
Dr. Harsha Bangalore | General Physician
Hello there...I can understand your concern. Grey hair occurs due to 2 main reasons. One is hereditary. If it's due to hereditary, then no treatment will help it. You have learn to live with it. Secondly it can be due to vitamin deficiency. In such a case, supplementing with the required vitamins might help the cause. But it will take about 4 to 6 months to see the treatment. Kindly consult a dermatologist. They will examine you and then treat accordingly.