Getting Blood in Motion

Actually 1 month back i got motions with little blood and stomach pain at left side of stomach and fever i used sestil ad tab and zenflox oz etc tabs for 7days. Then i am recovered a little bit.Then the motions were stopped blood also stopped. But i had seen undigested food in my motion frequently after that . Again 3days back Motions were started. From 2nd day on wards loose motions with blood and mucus came again and fever also. used sestil ad tab for 1 day then motions were stopped.i consulted docter he adviced me some tabs as follows for 5days Zenflox oz Aristo darolac Calcium dobesilate and docusate sodium tab Paracetamol tab Used these tabs for 2days but blood in motion continues with fever per day motions are 3-4times. What happened to me as per above description.why blood is coming again and again in motion. What are the test required to know problem and cost also. How to diagnose . Please help me with correct solution Thanks

Doctor Answers (1) on Getting Blood in Motion

Dr. Chethan R S Bangalore | General Physician
Hello there..... The causes of gastrointestinal (GI) bleeding are classified into upper or lower, depending on their location in the GI tract. Because GI bleeding is a symptom of many conditions, these conditions are all risk factors for getting a GI bleed..... Endoscopy , colonoscopy... Lab tests such as complete blood count(CBC), serum chemistries, liver tests, and coagulation studies also can be helpful to determine the rate or severity of bleeding and to determine factors that may contribute to the problem....