Gas problem in baby

Hi All, My baby is 34 days old now. He farts a lot and it is smelly. Even he passes motion sonetimes after 2-3 days. I feel he has gases. I give carmicide drops to him sometimes but not regularly. He is on breastfeed and formula feed (Farex)in parallel since my breastfeed is not sufficient for him. At night, even he cries a lot. If take him to breast, he becomes quiet. This rules out the chance of any other pain since he should not become quiet if he is experiencing any pain. But I cannot keep him on breast throught the night and that too when he is fully fed through formula or breastfeed. So, is this related to gases. Can formula feed result in gases? Please suggest what should be done to cure gases and also to make him sleep at night. His weight is fine. Thanks.

Doctor Answers (1) on Gas problem in baby

PRASAD Pune | Pediatrician
This is due to the gases as your baby is on formula feeds.
Continue Carmicide drops 3 times a day.
Putting baby to sleep with medicines is not good for his mental, emotional and physical wellbeing, baby needs feeling being close to you and secure.