Gained weight

Hello I gained 15kgs weight due to thyroid issue..I want to decrease it..how it is possible?? Even though thyroid issue has decreased but no decrease in weight

Doctor Answers (1) on Gained weight

Dr. Swathi S Aithal Bangalore | General Physician
Hello... Try to include more of pulses in your diet.. Have more if subzi than chapathis or rice...try to replace rice or chapathis by oats and ragi...you also need to drink atleast 8-10 glasses of water in a day...you need to include Apple,banana, orange or mausambi in your fruits list... Now can add water melon too...you need to have fresh carrots, cucumber or channa dal when ever hungry... You also need to engage yourself in outdoor activity like walking,running, jogging, cycling, swimming for a minimum if 30 to 45 min ..or chose to gym or aerobics as per your liking....consult a dietician fir a spe cific diet chart as per your bmi and your food preferences... You can try this diet changes..as far as your thyroid levels are concerned.. You need to have regular follow up..once in 3 months.. Gradually you can see weight improvenent