Gain weight

I m 25 yr old boy. I want to gain weight. My weight just 55 rgt now. N my height 6 feet. I consulted to doctor he said all will be ok but aftr many year later.now i want to take protein powder. Which will help me or not? Plz reply

Doctor Answers (3) on Gain weight

Harisha N L Bangalore | General Physician
try to eat skinned out boiled chicken 1-2 pieces twice a week, fish curry not fish fry as it is rich in vitamins, eat fresh raw sprouts everyday twice, include berries and fresh fruits like avocado,pears, apples, citrus fruits all this things are rich in fibres and vitamins.... Your morning diet should include whole egg and a glass of milk, try to repeat this in the evening also....include green leafy vegetables in your diet. Milk products like chesse,panner etc and meat can help you gain weight but since they contribute more towards fat and based on the history you have given, you need proteins instead of fat to build your body mass so avoid it. Drink plenty of water and stay hydrated. Do daily brisk walking, cycling for 5-6kms,yoga and meditation....if possible go for a trekking or join some rock climbing classes if such a facility is available in your place and do it on a regular basis which will help you in developing stamina....Consult dietitian they will do the needful.
Dr. Rama S.K Pune | Internal Medicine
Need to work up or find any cause of weight loss in you.....if no cause then nutritional supplements needed
Dr. Sushant Gupta Delhi | General Physician
See your proper diet will only help you nothing else. If you want to take protein then No harm in taking Powder formed PROTEINX in the market and mix it in 1 glass of hot milk and take it.

You need to exercise too to make up your muscles and eat nice.