Fungal infection!!

Hi, I am having some fungal infection on my butt and between the legs. Its very itchy and swells if I scratch it!! I used tinea guard earlier and got rid of it. But it has again come back and my skin has also become black from that area. Pls suggest a permanent solution!!

Doctor Answers (2) on Fungal infection!!

Dr. Ajaya Kashyap Delhi | Dermatologist
Thanks for your query. Fungal infection is very common in those areas. Proper treatment for about 1 month is required to completely eradicate it. You can visit a dermatologist and plan out a proper treatment schedule. For more information you can contact medspa
Greetings. Fungal infection is quite common. This is often related to humidity, tight clothing, excess sweating and accumulation of moisture. You'll need to keep the area dry, wear lose clothing. You'll need to see a dermatologist for confirmation of infection and treatment with oral antifungals and creams. If there's resistance to one particular medicine another medicine may be needed depending on your improvement. DO NOT USE OVER THE COUNTER CREAMS LIKE BETNOVATE GM OR PAN DERM OR QUADRIDERM... this will only prolong the infection. Hope this helps.Further queries may be sent on follow up messaging.