Fungal infection

Hi, I am having some fungal infection on my butt and between the legs. Its very itchy and swells if I scratch it!! I used tinea guard earlier and got rid of it. But it has again come back and my skin has also become black from that part. Pls suggest a permanent solution!!

Doctor Answers (1) on Fungal infection

Greetings. Fungal infection is quite common. This is often related to humidity, tight clothing, excess sweating and accumulation of moisture. You'll need to keep the area dry, wear lose clothing. You'll need to see a dermatologist for confirmation of infection and treatment with oral antifungals and creams. If there's resistance to one particular medicine another medicine may be needed depending on your improvement. DO NOT USE OVER THE COUNTER CREAMS LIKE TINEA GUARD OR BETNOVATE GM OR PAN DERM OR QUADRIDERM ETC ... this will only prolong the infection. Hope this helps.