Full stomach during preg
Hi Doctor, I m 9 weeks pregnant. In my blood report, my Hb was 8.5. In order to increase Hb, I started eating iron rich foods but I always feel full. It feels like my stomach is getting rigid and tight I m unable to eat much food. I don't feel like eating anything. Kindly help. Thanks

Dr. Raman Tanwar
Laparoscopic Surgeon 13 yrs exp Gurgaon
Dear User. Iron preparations often cause gastritis and lead to a feeling of fullness and ache. Different preparations of iron suit different patients and my advice would be to shift to the heme based iron preparations as they may cause less irritation.