I am a single child. I don't have any brother or sister of my own. In initial stages it didn't do any problem. But nowadays I often think that having a sibling might have made my life a lot happier. This thought makes me frustrated and depressed every now and then. I don't find happiness in my work, and always need the feel of a sibling like partner.

Doctor Answers (1) on Frustration

Dr. Sugandha Gupta Delhi | Psychiatrist
I do understand your sorrow and distress to a significant degree. However rather than lamenting about not having a sibling, you can take a call on how to improve things from now onwards. As I have understood your distress emanates from the fact and desire to have a sharing relationship in your vicinity. You can try and plug this void by having family and friends as close confidantes and fostering a sharing and warm relationship with persons of your choice. Inculcating a hobby and engaging in pursuits of your choice will help you. In case these do not help, please do not hesitate to seek professional assistance by a psychologist or a psychiatrist near you.. Hope this helps you..