Frequent urination
My Son who is now 1Year 3 months, is urinating very frequently. The stream of urine is good and the smell and colour is observed to be normal. His activities are nomal. His skin at the tip of penis is not completely retracting. I have consulted a local Paediatrician. I was told that normally after 1 year of age the skin should retract completely. But in my son's case the skin is not retracted completely and the opening is very narrow. He has recommended for circumcision so that the skin can be removed, there by the problem can be solved. I am from Chennai. Can you help me make a correct decision. Is there any requirement of seeking an opinon of Paediatric Surgeon. Whether circumcision is essential. pls advice.

Doctor responses for similar questions

Hello there..... Looks like you have developed urinary tract infection..... Urinary tract infections can be painful, but you can take steps to ease your discomfort until antibiotics treat the infection. Follow these tips: Drink plenty of water. Water helps to dilute your urine and flush out bacteria. Avoid drinks that may irritate your bladder.Avoid coffee, alcohol, and soft drinks containing citrus juices or caffeine until your infection has cleared. They can irritate your bladder and tend to aggravate your frequent or urgent need to urinate.
Link to question
Does this answer your question?
Hi, contact urologist or general surgeon for it n fellow the instruction.
Link to question
Does this answer your question?