Frequent urination

I had been suffering from UTI for a month. Thereafter i consulted a urologist and he prescribed me medicines. The pus cells were 23-25 hpf and urine culture reports showed no organsim. Now the UTI has subsided, however i still feel the urge to urinate quite often, though there is no pain in doing so. The reports are normal, pus cells are 02- hpf. However frequent urination is a problem and there is no burning sensation. What do i do?

Doctor Answers (1) on Frequent urination

Dr. Harsha Bangalore | General Physician
Hi there...increased frequency of urination doesn't necessarily mean something should be wrong. Also how much is the increased frequency also matters. Since you were being treated for urinary tract infections, you might have been given some diuretics, which also increase the frequency of micturition. Are you still taking any of those tablets? Is there any increased consumption of water recently in your diet? Also you will have to evaluated for co morbities like diabetes, which will also cause increased micturition. So kindly consult a general physician and your urologist for further evaluation