Frequent bad thoughts

I am not able to understand why this is happening to me? From the past 3-4 months my mind has been turmoiled because of these past incidents of eve teasing and molestation. I can not even overcome very past incidents happened when i was a student of school. I even started suspecting every other male a culprit of these offences. I do not even sit beside any male in any public transport i do not know but i even feel reluctant to come close to any male as i fear that he would touch me in inappropriate way and i would not be able to do anything even i will not be able to recognise the bad touch. Whenever any male touches me accidentally or intentionally my mind keeps on remembering the touch on my body for long time. I even try to overcome many times by doing meditation but still i do not forget and these thoughts keep on coming in my mind anytime, anyday.Most importantly whenever these situation happens and in case if i do not speak to that person immediately i feel very frustrated.

Ms. Hema Sampath
Clinical Psychologist 11 yrs exp Bangalore

I am sorry  for what has happened  to you in the past. Though it is very difficult to forget and forgive those incidences and people from your life , It is not IMPOSSIBLE  for you to lead a peaceful and happy life. Because  the people who had done those are still happily living,  why not you!!!!!
I feel with a deep sharing to a professional Counsellor you will underunderstand
Dr. Lav Kaushik
Psychiatrist 10 yrs exp Faridabad

Greetings. I am sorry to learn about your situation and I empathize with you. Owing to the past unfortunate events you could have developed what is called as Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) which invariably has affected your psyche and it has been interfering in your personal, social and professional domains of life. So yes you need professional help to get over your past emotional trauma which spoiling your present.
I would recommend you to see a Psychiatrist and get evaluated and thereafter started on an anti depressant and therapy.
Surround yourself with POSITIVE people and try to distract self when negative ideas come to you.
Dr. Jinita Malhotra
Psychotherapist 9 yrs exp Mumbai
Hello dear, I can understand your inner turmoil but you need to move ahead in life and start a new beginning. You need to consult a psychotherapist or counsellor who can help you overcome your fear and forget your past . And if you take Homoeopathic treatment along with it will really help you to overcome your fears/ anxiety quickly.
Dr. Sugandha Gupta
Psychiatrist 11 yrs exp Delhi
Hello dear, I can understand the turmoil and negative emotional state that afflicts a female when faced with eve teasing and molestation. It can be very difficult to deal with such thoughts and feelings. However in your case such thoughts and cognition have begun to encroach upon day to day and seemingly neutral events around you. I would advice you to seek a consultation with a psychiatrist near you who can assess your symptoms in details. A comprehensive assessment will help us understand the exact diagnosis,and management can be dine in accordance. Such complaints may be present in disorders like Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD, obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD), Depressive disorder, etc. Kindly di not delay help seeking because help will be available if you take the first step. Hope this helps you. Best wishes for health and future.
please seek consultation with a psychiatrist near you for assessment and management.
do not hesitate in seeking help, because seeking help now can help you regain your confidence and well being. Best wishes once again.