Frequency of masturbation

Hi, I'm a 24 year old health guy.My question would be fairly simple. How often can a person masturbate? A few people say, it is fine as long as it does not affect your regular lifestyle, it is fine. I would like to hear it from the doctors. Is it fine if I masturbate once everyday? Does it have a long time effect? A few said it causes nervous weakness. I just want some straight facts from doctors. Thanks in advance.

Doctor Answers (1) on Frequency of masturbation

Dr. Chethan R S Bangalore | General Physician
Masturbation now is regarded as a normal, healthy sexual activity that is pleasant, fulfilling, acceptable, and safe. It is a good way to experience sexual pleasure and can be done throughout life. Masturbation is only considered a problem when it inhibits sexual activity with a partner, is done in public, or causes significant distress to the person. It may cause distress if it is done compulsively or interferes with daily life and activities. Consult sex therapist...