Freckle Face

Hi, I have freckles over my face. I had consulted a dermatologist few years ago who said freckles can't be treated. Is this true? Is there a way to get rid of freckles?

Dr. Pradnya Shastri
Dermatologist 9 yrs exp Mumbai

The dermatologist is right. Freckles are an inherent tendency of the skin. You cannot change that tendency. Although you can lighten them by protecting your skin from the sun by using sunscreen with a Spf of more than 30. Plus using a scarf/ umbrella whenever you are in the sun also helps. There are also procedures like lasers and carbolisation that are known to help. But remember these procedures give only temporary results and at times no results. Even if they do give results your freckles will return. But don't get frustrated. Protect yourself from the sun and you will see them lighten.
Dr. Kritika Goenka
Dermatologist 5 yrs exp Bhopal
Freckles r coz of sun exposure. ....if u do strict photo protection they will go automatically. ..but dis is the temporary thing...they can treated with q switched laser...laser has gud results but al r temporary. ...photo protection is must.