Foul smell in mouth

For few months I am having foul smell in my mouth. I fear this is Pyereah. Also always bleeding gums . Pls advise remedy and toothpaste. Is emoform toothpaste ok
views-icons 89 Views bookmarks-icon 1 Bookmark Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (3) on Foul smell in mouth

Hi, as you have bleeding gums and foul smell at same time, which means it you are at initial stages of pyorrhoea. You should visit your dentist, get a check up done. Get professional cleaning done. And follow the tips given for oral hygiene. That will definitely solve your problem, if your bad breath is not because of your other health issue. Best of luck.
Dr. Bijoyesh Marda Noida | Oral And MaxilloFacial Surgeon
Foul smell in the mouth can be due to causes within the mouth or can be because of gastric or respiratory issues. As you have a issue of bleeding gums too the most probable cause is due to tartar buildup on your teeth and also because of onset of gum Disease. You should visit a professional dentist as the treatment involves deep cleansing of the gums which cannot be done by any over the counter product.
Harisha N L Bangalore | General Physician
Halitosis(bad breath) can be an important social problem in which the standard dental treatments and mouthwashes that are often recommended provide only temporary relief. Oral malodor is primarily the result of microbial metabolism. The mouth is home to hundreds of bacterial species with various nutritional preferences. These organisms digest proteins, and several fetid substances arise, leading to bad breath. Oral malodor from the overgrowth of proteolytic, anaerobic gram-negative bacteria on the crevices of the tongue dorsum can be successfully diagnosed and treated.To reduce bad breath, help avoid cavities and lower your risk of gum disease, consistently practice good oral hygiene. Further treatment for bad breath can vary, depending on the cause. If your bad breath is thought to be caused by an underlying health condition,as we can't prescribe medication online as per law consult dentist or physician they will help you