Fortuneteller made me dep

Hello doctor, Yesterday evening my granny took me to a fortuneteller. My grandma is very old. She believes in all these kind of superstitions. The soothsayer/Fortuneteller follows Hindu mythology. Looking at my astrology book, he has started to say his predictions. He is a reputed astrologer in our locality. Everything he has said matches with my real life happenings. How is it possible for an astrologer to say all these kind fully real things?... But what made me depressed was, his future predictions which nearly gave me a heart attack. He said, I'm an I'll omened person, and etc... From yesterday onwards, these things were rotating in my head. I know these things were all rubbish, but still I'm disturbed. What should I do? Kindly help me. Thank you.

Doctor Answers (3) on Fortuneteller made me dep

Ms. Hema Sampath Bangalore | Clinical Psychologist
Hi, you started liking the fortune teller because he predicted your past perfectly. That's the trick you got to believe him unknowingly about the future predictions. If you don't want to drool into that first you need to.axxepr and Co. W out of his past predictions too. Then I am sure you will.easily come out of this too. I'd possible meet a counselor in your city and get regraded of your thoughts again.
Dr. Vikas Khanna Delhi | Hypnotherapist
Fortune telling is a double edged sword, everyone wants to hear "good stuff" from the astrologer, whereas the fact is that life is a blend of ups and downs.One may get fixated to the down predicted and cause unnecessary anticipatory stress. And how much future prediction is correct, is a everybody guess! even with correct present assessment. Take life as it comes only destiny knows what actually is in store for you. Listen to this song and chill. https://youtu.be/azxoVRTwlNg
Ms. Vidhi Shah Prabhu Bangalore | Clinical Psychologist
Hi, it's too bad the fortuneteller pre-judged you and your future. Sure, there are some genuine astrologers and astrology does have a science to it but not everyone has the ability or the gift to be good. Why did your granny take you there in the first place? You should not be hanging on to the words of these people because who you are comes from within. If you believe you are confident and have the right set of principles with the correct approach towards life no fortune teller can break that streak. There is a difference in facing bad luck and being a magnet to negativity. Even of you were in such negative situations it can always be changed as you have the ability to control most of the factors and also be aware of the dangers. Please take counseling if unnecessary stress continues to bother you.