diabetes-icon

Food to eat

Is cheese butter,milk,nuts,meat and other animal fats ok to eat ? Also,please let me know what causes the increase in fasting sugar? My brother was 110 kg when diagnosed ( Ha1bc value 7.8)and now he came to 90 kg by walking ,yoga and diets ( Ha1bc value 6 ). No medication taken. any advice for still lowering sugar levels ?

Doctor Answers (1) on Food to eat

Dr. Narendra BS Bangalore | General Physician
Congratulations! Good to hear that you are brother has achieved weight loss and reduction in his blood sugar levels and a good diabetic control with diet and exercise. As you have seen the results with good diet and exercise, you could try and avoid high caloric food like cheese, butter, nuts, red meat or animal fats, except milk so as to continue to have a good diabetic control. No medications required for now. Please continue diet and exercise and regular follow up with your doctor. Thank you!