Food for 5 mnths baby
I need a meal plan for my 5 month old girl baby..she is mostly on bottlefeeds with formula milk.. 1.how much milk should she be drinking per day 2. and how many milk feeds? 3.How many feeds of solids?(we are vegetarians) and what solids can be given to her.. 4.And how many feeds to be given to her at night?

Dr. Harisha N L

Hi...foods usually vary from culture to culture and from family to family. Start with foods that contain iron, which babies need for many different aspects of their development. Meat, poultry, cooked egg yolk and well-cooked legumes (beans, lentils, chick peas) are good sources of iron. Store-bought iron-fortified infant cereals such as rice or barley are also common first foods because they are good sources of iron. Healthy foods that your whole family is eating are the best choice for your baby. Make sure they are plain, with no added salt, sugar or spices. You can use commercial baby foods, but read the label to ensure there is no added salt or sugar..Consult nearest pediatrician they will do the needful.