Fightwith a parti.persons

Person named sajjan Sinh is my neighbor and he is also my friend ,he is OK till he passed B.a. but now he is not sleeping whole night and fighting with particular persons only where he resides. He has no problem with other person but only find chance to fight with a particular person .and the duration for that situation is I think 5-10 minutes he just angry on other person only 5 to 10 minutes. Other than this his daily activities & behavior is OK pls suggest what to do I n this situation Thanks

Doctor Answers (1) on Fightwith a parti.persons

Dr. Akshata Bhat Mumbai | Psychiatrist
Your friend may be reacting like this as he is under some stress and unable to deal with it. Since you have not mentioned the duration of the complaints, it is difficult to come to a conclusion. It is possible this is an acute reaction to some difficult situation. As he is able to manage his work and other activities, it is still in the early stage. However his sleep is disturbed and consistent sleep problems can trigger further problems.
Try to talk to him or his family and other friends and find out what the problem is. Since he gets into fights with the same people, it is possible they may have had a disagreement of some sort. Look for any signs of substance use.
If he begins to voice any ideas of harm to self or others, take him to a psychiatrist immediately.