Fibroid iregular bleeding

I am 24 years old, unmarried. 2 years ago , Posterior myometrial Fibroid of 53x45x48mm was detected in my uterus. In the very beginning I had irregular bleeding, which lasted for 2 or 3 days, after which I consulted a gynecologist and the problem of irregular bleeding was solved. In the course of 2 years, I had never experienced this problem again, however there use to be heavy bleeding in my periods, which where regular. From the last 15 days I am again facing this problem, i.e irregular bleeding . I consulted the doctor who have prescribed me pause tablet. However the bleeding is not stoping. kindly guide me, what should I do.

Doctor Answers (1) on Fibroid iregular bleeding

Venkat Raghav Bangalore | General Physician
Hello, most of times fibroid ramains asymptomatic , but irregular periods ,bleeding presents with fibroid . Vascularization of fibroid ,increase in size of fibroid can cause bleeding. You had ultrasound 2 years back. I think one more ultrasound is required now to know size of it. Get u\s and consult gynaecologist.