Festered ear

Got my ear piercing done 3 months back and the right ear got infected with a boil around the area. Some amount of puss and bleeding is also observed since a week now. What Should I do?
views-icons 102 Views Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (1) on Festered ear

doctor profile image
Dr. Pinanky Jadhav-Adhe
10 yrs. of exp | Pune | Dermatologist
Hello, it could be an infection or allergy to the earring metal. Sometimes an ear piercing can result in keloidal scar. Please consult a dermatologist for treatment and to prevent any further complication. Remove the earring if possible and avoid scratching the area. Meanwhile apply antibiotic fusiwal cream twice daily but it may not be sufficient. Warm regards, Dr Pinanky Jadhav, Eternis Skin & Hair Clinic, Pune
Flag this Answer
Flag this answer
message icon Let others know if this answer was helpful
Was this answer helpful?