Fenasteride for female

Hi I am female 24yrs suffering frm severe hair fall and hair thinning. Doctor suggested me to do blood test report is normal.. I have lost 50℅ of my hair on scalp. Doc asked me to take fenasteride tablet. Is it safe to take this? I am planning to marry in next 6months. I heard it has side effects. Kindly advise.

Doctor Answers (1) on Fenasteride for female

Greetings. I would rather wish to understand the cause of Sudden excessive hair loss in you.  Yes finasteride  does have side effects but since you have a long time for your wedding, its ok, since finasteride  completely washes out of the system in seven days after you stop  taking it . I hpe you are also taking proper hair growth lotions and adequate nutritious diet and supplements if necessary.  See / follow up with a  qualified dermatologist near you .
see a qualified dermatologist near you
use low chemical shampoos . procedures like prp and Microneeedling and low level laser treatment are helpful.