Feet skin infection

My aunt lives in a remote village in UP. During rainy seasons she has to sometimes walk in water, mud and hard ground. As a result she has persistent burning sensation and painful infection between her toes. For the past one month or so, she developed a few callouses in her feet which later got cut and now are increasing in radius. The skin around them is hard and the sensation alternates between itching and painful. A local doctor had a look and said that the callous area would have to be cut and removed from the feet. Previous medication used are - panderm and vaseline but were not very effective. Please tell me what can be done in this situation to avoid the operation and get a permanent solution to the problem which keeps coming back.

Doctor Answers (2) on Feet skin infection

Dr. Sandeep Gupta Delhi | Dermatologist
the feet have become macerated stop panderm apply vaseline she will have to wear shoes
if no relief consult a doctor in person
Greetings. First of all she must stop applying Alta or red colour that she's apparently using. Secondly avoid walking around in wet soil, keep feet clean. Avoid too much contact with water. She'll need to use salicylic acid based cream as well as an anti biotic cream. Avoid using over the counter creams like panderm - these are unwarranted horrible combinations which can have bad side effects. See a qualified dermatologist near you. Further queries may be sent on follow up messaging. Warm regards