Feet cracks

Hi, My mother who is 40 year old has severe foot cracks. And she faces severe itching, especially in the nights. To get over with the unbearable itch, she tries to rub her foot over anything and with anything. Usually she uses a mat. I would like to know if this is symptom of any other disease or allergy and how to control it. I can make sure that she wears clean socks everyday and cleans the feet in hot water with lemon regularly. Apart from these, is there any other thing that I need to check and do. Please let me know.

Doctor Answers (1) on Feet cracks

Hi. Greetings. First of all - she must avoid scratching and rubbing. She can use salicylic acid based paste at night under prescription and vaseline jelly in day time. This will reduce the cracks. See a qualified dermatological to rule out any possible fungal infection of the soles. Hope this helps. Warm regards Dr Govind Suresh Mittal.