Feel scared to leave city

Dr. I feel very scared to leave my city and go far away from my house . i get very panic and sweats and i feel like i will die panic attack. Last month i went 50 km away from house to temple and i felt so scared and got panic attack i was quit . This shit is happening with me since i stopped marijuana smoke. Before i was so strong and alive. Will i get back to normal? Or i have to live inside my city only?

Doctor Answers (3) on Feel scared to leave city

Dr. Lakshmi T Rajan Chennai | Counselling Psychologist
Dear friend,
You can come out of any habits at any time since we are not born with any habits. Training the mind is very essential to have a healthy and positive attitude towards life and work.
Feel free to contact me for further help
Visit www.mastermindfoundation.com
Wishes
Dr. Sugandha Gupta Delhi | Psychiatrist
Hello, from your description it seems that you are suffering from panic disorder and anticipatory anxiety related to the same. Marijuana smoking may worsen your symptoms in long term.
Kindly seek a consultation with a psychiatrist near you for appropriate assessment and management of your mental health problems. A combination approach of medication and psychological intervention will help you a great degree. Hope this helps you.. Best wishes for your health and future.. Once your panic disorder is managed well you can venture out and seek best opportunities for yourself..
Dr. Akshata Bhat Mumbai | Psychiatrist
You seem to be having panic attacks. In those who are likely to develop anxiety or panic attacks, marijuana usage can worsen the symptoms.
Stop using marijuana, alcohol, cigarettes and any other drugs you may be using. These will worsen your panic attacks. Consult a psychiatrist for further management.
If you begin to feel suicidal or hopeless, consult a psychiatrist immediately.