Fear of infection
I was crossing a place at night and someone was urinating from room which landed on my foot. I was not well so I just washed my feet with plain water. Now I have fear I will contract some illness.Is it possible plz help.I am very scared and my family is worried because of me.

Dr. Vikas Khanna
Hypnotherapist 15 yrs exp Delhi

The fear is more worry some than the infection.. Do not worry ..you will not get the infection but you should drop this fear and trust your body...it knows how to protect itself! just relax cheers
Dr. Lakshmi T Rajan (PhD)
Counselling Psychologist 8 yrs exp Chennai

Dear friend, you are developing a sense of compulsive disorder. Since you have washed your feet with water, nothing will happen. Do not keep that incident in your mind. Any further help required feel free to contact me. Wishes.
Dr. Ajay Nihalani
Neuropsychiatrist 17 yrs exp Ghaziabad
Hi... Am sorry for ur distress. 1st .. ..as a qualified Dr can tell u there is no serious or for that matter non serious illness that u can get bcos of someone elses urine splashes on ur feet. 2nd .....Yes ur fear is real n is not based on a real but perceived threat.... If u get what I mean. Yes .....this fear does end up affecting n tormenting one.....n effects ones life very negatively. U need to get rid of it.....period. From ur description it seems it is quite severe. Pls seek professional help. I wish u a speedy riddance. Rgds