I am a girl.I wash gently my face twice daily.My skin colour is normal,not so white or not so black.But the problem is my face became more than black.I used home made fruit pack but unfortunately it works nothing and as usual my face is now totally Tanned.what i have to do?
Like the answers? Chat privately with the doctor of your choice
Hi. Greetings. Sun tanning can occur even with short exposures and this is a protective mechanism of skin which is called immediate pigment darkening. Don't worry, use a sunscreen of high SPF at least around 30 - and reapply every three or four hours if exposed to sunlight for long duration. The following precautions would help you :
1. sunscreen should be applied half hour before sun exposure
2. Daily bed time use of moisturiser like cetaphil or emoderm in case of dry skin. Reapply during lunch break during office hours.
3. Use Peeling agents prescribed by dermatologist for reducing tan. Chemical peels and micro derm abrasion is also an option.
4. Evaluation by dermatologist as to rule out any other causes of skin pigmentation.
5. Kindly read my blog on daily skin care on Practo health feed.
Hope this helps.
Warm regards. Dr Govind S Mittal, excel care hospital, Bangalore.
You will have to assess what is the reason behind this tanning , Sun exposure would mean more tanning on cheeks eyebrows and nose. If other reasons distribution is different . Only face being involved apart from Sun induced tanning can be metabolic melanosis , facial riehls melanosis , air born contact dermatitis etc. Please get it assessed and get the right treatment.
Disclaimer : The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding your medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.