Eye problem

My sister had twin girls and of them one girls eye was very clear and in the second one she was keeping her eyes closer to each other from 7th or 8th month and when her mom consulted the regular doctor the doctor advised her that as they grew up it will be set and now 11th month when went for an eye chekup she has +3.0 with squint eye and the doctor recomended laser for the squint eye but not sure sure about the sight problem and now we are looking for other alternatives because as they were kids will it be set right as they grew? pls suggest me

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal
Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon 9 yrs exp Visakhapatnam

Hello 1. Get her refraction done with atropine 2. Give her glasses if eyes are squinting with eye towards nose(esotropia) 3. Start patching therapy... With occluding left eye(normal eye)..50% waking hours Kindly upload her medical record for better discussion.. I am a paediatric opthalmologist
Y Siva Kumar
Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon 28 yrs exp Hyderabad
Squint that develops in early childhood could be due to glass power requirement, or eye muscle problem, or a combination of both. In some situations, only spectacles will be enough, others would need surgery also. Paediatric ophthalmologist's advise will be the best for your child. My opinion - you must go for surgery, if advised after a complete eye evaluation. It may not get set by child growth, worse, it may even increase.