Excessive Masturbation

Its being more than a year now...i have been continuously masturbating a lot and its affecting my daily routine....i am not able to concentrate .. i have my exam in near future where i really need put in a lot of efforts.....study whole day....but i am not able to study at alll....its creating lots of issue to me...i just get rid of these thoughts and feeling and want to stop it...please help...

Doctor Answers (3) on Excessive Masturbation

Dr. Antara Gupta Aligarh | Psychiatrist
What do you call excessive. And what are the thoughts you talked about. Are they repeated and obsene? Do you want to stop them or do you enjoy them . Pls answer these questions so that i can help.
Priyadarshi Srivastava Lucknow | Neuropsychiatrist
Your symptoms suggest depression, while masturbation is different. Get yourself evaluated by a psychiatrist.
K V Anand Palakkad | Clinical Psychologist
Dear, masturbation is a bad habit only when you overdo it. Once in a day is not unhealthy. More than once become addiction. Your concentration level is low not because of masturbation but because of your lack of knowledge, anxiety and inability to divert your energy. I suggest online counseling and deaddiction therapy. Take care