Excess weight

I am 56 years of age and my weight is 83 kgs. I have HBP for the last 13 years. I take one tablet daily Nebistar 5. My recent HB1Ac is 6.5%. I walk for about 20 to 25 minutes for about 5 days a week. I don't smoke or drink. I want lose about 13 kgs by 31/12/16. Please help me with a balanced diet which satisfies my hunger and doesn't make me feel hungry. Also suggest a liberal work out, exercise regime that I should follow.

Doctor Answers (2) on Excess weight

Ms. Rekha Sachdev Pohani Pune | Dietitian/Nutritionist
What is your height. There can be many reasons to weight gain. We need to modify diet and lifestyle .I can help with 4-5 KGS wieght loss in month clinical conditions also need to be taken care
Ms. Bipasha Das Delhi | Dietitian/Nutritionist
Hi, good morning. Good to see your HBA1c is within range n you are quite physically active. To reduce weight, first you need to fix a combination routine of diet n exercise. Start your day with a heavy breakfast which includes a complex carbs like oats or atta chapati, with milk/curd/egg and any seasonal fruit. Then rest of the day followed with small and frequent meals with a light lunch n very light dinner.
Exercise at your age is to do yoga like suryanamaskar which takes care of all the body parts and then followed with brisk walk and spot jogging, if your health permits. You can start with these and then you can get into more details concentrating on each segment.