Excess of saliva ...
Greetings I tend to give out a lot of saliva in my sleep..please suggest some remedy for this!! Thank you!!

Dr. Harisha N L

Drooling may be a result of hypersecretion of the salivary glands but is more commonly due to impaired neuromuscular control with dysfunctional voluntary oral motor activity that leads to an overflow of saliva from the mouth. Patients often have inefficient and infrequent swallowing, which further compounds the problem. Furthermore, problems with positioning due to poor head control and decreased neck strength magnify the effects. An enlarged tongue or tongue thrusting with poor control can contribute to the problem of drooling. Finally, dental caries and infection and diseased gingival tissues with gingivitis can markedly increase drooling...Consult nearest physician they will do the needful.

Excess saliva during sleep