Excerting lot of saliva

Hi i have the feeling that I am excerting lot of saliva and thirsty like feeling my saliva feels like sweet while swallowing my saliva to my throat and my mouth also by the way I have gerd problem from past 2 months now it is fine may I now Wat is the problem and wat is the remedy for that

Doctor Answers (1) on Excerting lot of saliva

Harisha N L Bangalore | General Physician
Hypersalivation may be a result of hypersecretion (primary sialorrhea) of the salivary glands but is more commonly due to impaired neuromuscular control with dysfunctional voluntary oral motor activity that leads to an overflow of saliva from the mouth (secondary sialorrhea). Patients often have inefficient and infrequent swallowing, which further compounds the problem. Furthermore, problems with positioning due to poor head control and decreased neck strength magnify the effects. An enlarged tongue or tongue thrusting with poor control can contribute to the problem of drooling. Finally, dental caries and infection and diseased gingival tissues with gingivitis can markedly increase drooling...Consult physician for further help