Erection problem

Am facing some problems with erection. For the past few days my penis doesn't get erected as it used to be. I don't know why. Am very much worried about it. Is it because of erectile disfunction? I don't know whom to approach. Pls guide me.

Doctor Answers (1) on Erection problem

Harisha N L Bangalore | General Physician
ED usually has a multifactorial etiology. Organic, physiologic, endocrine, and psychogenic factors are involved in the ability to obtain and maintain erections. In general, ED is divided into 2 broad categories, organic and psychogenic. Although most ED was once attributed to psychological factors, pure psychogenic ED is in fact uncommon; however, many men with organic etiologies may also have an associated psychogenic component.

Conditions that may be associated with ED include diabetes,hypertension,and CAD, as well as neurologic disorders, endocrinopathies, benign prostatic hyperplasia,and depression (see Table 1 below).In fact, almost any disease may affect erectile function by altering the nervous, vascular, or hormonal systems. Various diseases may produce changes in the smooth muscle tissue of the corpora cavernosa or influence the patient’s psychological mood and behavior.

Treatment options for ED include the following:

Sexual counseling, if no organic causes can be found for the dysfunction

Oral medications

Injected, implanted, or topically applied medications

External vacuum and constriction devices

kindly consult urologist they will do the needful....