Erectile dysfunction

Hi,iam using anti depressants from 15 days now I am suffering erectile dysfunction.is this one of the side effects of that tablet.? If I continue using these tablets I will not be able to ejaculate.Does Not ejauculating for one month continuously cause any health issues? I have heard that sperm sack might get full and burst ? Is this true?

Doctor Answers (1) on Erectile dysfunction

Dr. Harsha Bangalore | General Physician
Hi there...I can understand your concern. Sometimes antidepressants can cause erectile dysfunction. If you are not able to ejaculate voluntarily, the semen will come out naturally after sometime. Don't worry, it won't collect and burst. To overcome erectile dysfunction you can try methods like relaxation, mediation. Sometimes due to anxiety and too much knowledge of the drugs, can only cause such symptoms. So try the Conservative measures first. If you do not find any improvement, you can consult your psychiatrist for further evaluation.