Erectile Dysfunction

Hi Doctor, I am quite sure I am suffering from ED for last 6 months. First of all, my morning woods are gone and second my penis goes limp within a few seconds(5 sec) . It's very rare I get morning woods like 1's in a 2-3 weeks. In the morning sometimes I get real hard erection and most of the times it doesn't. When I am about to do intercourse for the first time I face no problem in achieving an erection(I feel not fully. I need to stroke it to get fully erected) but after that I need at least an hour to achieve it. And as soon as me and my partner about to do intercourse my penis goes limp. Sometimes it even goes limp when we change position. I mean it's really hard for me to hold an erection. I always need to think of sex for holding an erection and as soon as I stop thinking it goes limp in under 5 seconds. It is so embarrassing for me. I am in this position for about 6 months. FYI, I do not take any any kind of alcohol or smoke.

Doctor Answers (1) on Erectile Dysfunction

Dr. Harsha Bangalore | General Physician
Hi there...erectile dysfunction could be due to many reasons. Anxiety being the most. So first try relaxation techniques and distraction method. Then try to cut down on any habits like alcohol, smoking or drugs. This will help. If there's no improvement then you must be investigated for any comorbidities like diabetes hypertension hypercholestrolemia. Treating these comorbidities also help. Medically there are many options like oral medications and topical creams. If the above conservative measure do not help kindly consult a psychiatrist for medical therapy.