Emetophobia

I had jaundice at first instance. I started vomiting since that. Slowly that developed a fear. I'm suffering from this fear from last 3 years. I took several treatment nothing worked. 9 months ago I read on google. It is some kind of disorder. It is eating me out. I cnt eat with people. Plus it is not limited to eating. My brain just does not stop. If I think I'll speak, I'll vomit and I do. I vomited once when brushing teeth, I vomited consistently for a month. There is a series of incidents like this. I really dnt understand wts going on. Why I'm not able to control my brain. I feel queasy too much. My desire to live is destroyed. I can just live alone. Wt us the meaning of such life. I cnt live with this for long. The idea of death looks so simple to me rather than dying inside everyday. I shouldnt say all these things but my hopes are destroyed. I'm looking for a treatment.

Doctor Answers (1) on Emetophobia

Dr. Sugandha Gupta Delhi | Psychiatrist
Hello, from your brief description I can tell you that with proper treatment your psychogenic vomiting and the fear of having vomiting can be helped. However my worry about you as of now centers around your hopelessness and death wishes. My strong suggestion for you is to seek a psychiatric consultation at the earliest. Where interventions to treat your problems will be carried out. Be assured that with a thorough assessment and subsequent medical and psychological intervention your condition can be helped. Have hope and try to defeat the illness.. Hope this helps you..