Dry skinbt r pimples psnt
My skin is dry but there are pimples on my cheeks acne facewash leads to skin dryness what to do to get rid of pimples and there are also lot of acne spots on my ckeeks

Dr. Govind Suresh Mittal
Dermatosurgeon 6 yrs exp Bangalore

Hi. Greetings. Please note : Acne is a common problem at your age but usually reduce by mid twenties. Milk - excessive consumption can worsen acne. Reduce intake of chocolates and junk food too. Use a topical retinoid cream daily night. You may need a short course of antibiotics. Discuss other suitable forms of treatment with your dermatologist. Pimples may often leave spots especially of not treated or if we burst pimples or pick them. You'll need skin lightening creams for a specified duration to reduce the marks , and this could also be dealt with chemical peeling. Also you must use a sunscreen to prevent darkening of the spots. For scars, creams may not work n you may need procedures like microneedling, microneedling rf, fractional lasers, prp or subscision or a combination of these. Use acne-moist cream if you have dryness. Send in your pictures if you need further assistance. Or see a dermatologist near you and discuss the same with him. Hope this helps. Warm regards. Dr G S Mittal.