Dry skin and black patche
I m epilpsy patient for last 20 yrs. I have dry skin and last 6 months my hands are black in color as sun tan. The black color is spreading upwards in hand. I am fair in complexion , and now i can notice black patch in both chin. I need your expert advise how i can move forward about this. I checked my thyroid, it shows normal. My complexion has dimmed. I live in chennai and so i thought its due to sunlight. But last 2 months i ve not gone out much. But still i have the same problem, I am much worried on this. Please advise.

Dr. Meeta Desai
Dermatologist 16 yrs exp Ahmedabad

Hi! many a times some medicines may also lead to discoloration,anti-epileptics being one of them.also if you have dry skin it would also dull your complexion.avoid soaps.use mild cleanser and a good moisturizer.use medicated sunscreen.go to a good dermatologist with your medicine details.he/she would coordinate with your physician if required.he may suggest some services as well.