Dry,Red skin near genital

I am having dry,red skin near the genitals, end of the inner thighs.When rubbed a bit, the dry flakes fall off. It is very painful.When water is applied on it, it pains more. I have thick thighs and was jogging for a few days.When coconut oil is applied it feels good for some time,but it is smells bad.Some part of the skin feels as if it has hardened.I live in hostel, so some external contact might have occurred.

Dr. Govind Suresh Mittal
Trichologist 6 yrs exp Bangalore

Greetings - You probably have intertrigo. Following measures would help you : 1. see qualified dermatologist near you - for adequate confirmation of diagnosis 2. keep the area dry 3. do not wear inner wear at bed time / when at home/ wear loose fitting clothes 4. use a dusting powder / antifungal cream - for reduction of moisture and fungal organisms causing infection DO NOT use over the counter creams like itch guard, betnovate cream, etc - this will only worsen the infection. Warm regards.